Diabetes is a disease where our bodies do not produce enough or make well use of a hormone called insulin. Insulin is a hormone that responsible for glucose to get into our cells and provide us with energy. Also visit our websites herbalcureindia.com
Without enough insulin, glucose will stay in our blood and cause our blood glucose levels to rise. Over time, high glucose level will lead to serious damages in heart, kidneys, eyes and nerves. There are generally three types of diabetes. It is important to understand that not all diabetes can be managed through diabetic diet alone.
Diabetes Natural Cure
1. Bitter gourd is the best natural remedy for diabetes. As often as possible eat this vegetable or at least have 1 tablespoon of bitter gourd juice everyday for reducing blood glucose levels.
2. Indian gooseberry is also an effective remedy for controlling diabetes. Add 1 tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice to a cup of bitter gourd juice and drink it daily for nearly 2 months. This enhances pancreas in the secretion of insulin hormone. This is one of the best natural cures for diabetes.
3. Everyday with an empty stomach take 10 leaves each of Holy basil, neem and bael with a glass of water. This controls the blood sugar levels very efficiently.
4. Bastard teak is an efficient natural cure for diabetes. This reduces blood sugar levels and also useful in glycousia.
5. Two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds can be swallowed or can be taken along with milk everyday. This is a well known remedy for diabetes.
6. Take 250 grams of ozokerite or mineral wax as a single dose twice a day along with stone apple juice.
7. Everyday eats 10 fresh fully grown curry leaves in the early morning for nearly 3 months. This helps in the prevention of diabetes caused due to heredity factors. This also cures diabetes caused because of obesity.
8. Overnight soak black raisins in water. Next morning strain water and drink that solution. For best results follow the same procedure for next few days.
9. Mix equal amounts of raw mango and Indian plum juices and drink this for thrice in a day. This helps in curing diabetes naturally if regularly taken for a month.
Diabetic Diet Plan and Food
Diabetic diet plan is simply a healthy balanced meal plan followed by diabetes patient. A good diet plan will not only help you improve your blood glucose levels but also help keep your weight on track. Diabetic diet plan differ from person to person due to our nutritional needs, daily activity and type of diabetes a patient suffers. Following are some important points suggested by the
American Diabetic Association when planning your meal.
1. Eat lots of vegetables and fruits.
2. Choose whole grain foods over processed grain products.
3. Include dried beans (like kidney or pinto beans) and lentils into your diabetic diet meal.
4. Include fish in your meals 2-3 times a week.
5. Choose lean meats like cuts of beef and pork that end in “loin” such as pork loin and sirloin.
6. Choose non-fat dairy such as skim milk, non-fat yogurt and non-fat cheese.
7. Choose water and calorie-free “diet” drinks instead of regular sugar-sweetened drinks.
8. Choose liquid oils for cooking instead of solid fats that can be high in saturated and trans fats.
9. Eating too much of even healthful foods can lead to weight gain. Watch your portion sizes.
10. Cut back on high calorie foods like chips, cookies, cakes, and full-fat ice cream in your diabetic meal.