Diabetes mellitus is a nutritional disorder, characterized by an abnormally high level of blood glucose and the excretion of the excess glucose in the urine. It results from an absolute or relative lack of insulin which leads to abnormalities in carbohydrate metabolism and metabolism of protein and fat. The word diabetes is derived from the Greek word meaning “to siphon, to pass through”, and mellitus comes from the Latin word “honey”. The cases of diabetes are much higher these days as compare to the past. The most commonly used screening tests are the determination of the fasting blood glucose level and the blood glucose level tested two hours after a meal. The normal fasting blood sugar content is 80 -120mg. per 100 ml of blood, this can go up to a level of 160 mg. per 100 ml of blood two hours after meals. Anything above these levels can be termed as diabetic levels. It occurs in all age groups but the most common sufferers are obese people in middle or older age
Read more on Herbal Medicine for Diabetes and Divya Madhu Kalp Vati Diabetes herbal cure.
Low Blood Sugar Symptoms
Craving for Sweets
A craving for sweets and starch in excessive amounts between meals is the first sign of a low blood sugar level.
Nervousness, Irritability, Fatigue
When the blood sugar level falls much below normal, symptoms such as nervousness, irritability, fatigue, depression, disturbed vision, and headaches appear.
Sweating, Trmbling, numbness
Other symptoms are sweating, trembling, numbness, absent-mindedness, dizziness, palpitations of the heart, and some sexual disturbances. Most hypoglycaemia patients feel hungry and eat frequently to get over the feeling of weakness and emotional irritability. They feel tense if they have to go without food for several hours. When the patient experiences any symptoms that indicate a fall in blood sugar, he should immediately take a heaped teaspoonful of sugar and then seek medical help.
Low Blood Sugar Diet
Grains, seeds, nuts, fruits and vegetablesThe ideal diet for low blood sugar should be based on three basic food groups, namely, grains, seeds and nuts, vegetables and fruits supplemented by milk and milk products, and vegetable oils. Seeds, nuts and grains should be the main constituent of the diet. Seeds and nuts should be taken in their raw form. Grains in the form of cereals, should be cooked. Cooked grains are digested slowly and release sugar into the blood gradually, six to eight hours after meals. This will keep the blood sugar level normal and constant for a long period.6-8 smaller meals per day
Persons suffering from a low blood sugar should take six to eight meals a day instead of two or three large ones. Eating raw nuts and seeds such as pumpkin or sunflower seeds, or drinking milk, buttermilk, or fruit juices between meals will be beneficial. Avoid refined and processed foods, reduce salt intakeAll refined and processed foods, white sugar, white flour and all their by-products should be completely eliminated from the diet. Coffee, alcohol, and soft drinks should also be avoided. The consumption of salt should be reduced as an excessive intake of salt causes loss of blood potassium, which causes blood sugar to drop.
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes and Blood Sugar
1. Garlic: Garlic contains allicin, which helps to reduce the level of blood sugar. It also helps the breakdown of cholesterol in the body.
2. Van Mango: mango leaves are very effective in controlling diabetes. Take some mango leaves and soak them in water for 6-8 hours. Take this solution on an empty stomach early morning. Also you can take a powder with water. Dry mango leaves and make its powder in a mill. Mix a tablespoon of powdered mango leaves in a glass of water and drink in the morning.
3. Indian gooseberry, with its high content of vitamin C, is measured important in diabetes. A tablespoon of its juice, mixed with a cup of bitter gourd juice, taken daily for two months, waking up the islets of Langerhans, that is, the remote group of cells that secrete the hormone insulin in the pancreas. This mixture reduces blood sugar in diabetes. This is another effective home remedy for Diabetes.
4. Parslane seeds are useful in diabetes. A teaspoon of seeds should be taken every day with a half cup of water for four or five months. It will boost the body’s own insulin and help cure diabetes.
5. Eat 10 fresh fully full of curry leaves every morning for three months. Avoid diabetes due to genetic or hereditary factors.
6. Eat grapefruits regularly for diabetes natural remedy.
7. Eat vegetables, cilantro, cucumber, cabbage, coconut, Chenopodium album (bathu), creeper of pumpkin, cucumber, cabbage, bitter guard, carrot, tomato, lemon, radish, onion and ginger.
8. Take 400 mcg. a day of chromium picolinate makes insulin more efficient helping to maintain low blood sugar. Chromium levels are stable blood sugar using insulin properly.
9. The powder of seeds of fenugreek (methi) takes two to three times a day helps control blood sugar and urine.
10. Morning and evening walk for at least 45 minutes is very essential to control this disease.
11. Drink 1 liter of cinnamon a day. Cinnamon contains a chemical that helps to use blood sugar naturally in the body. Add 3 table spoon of cinnamon in 1 liter of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes over a low heat and strain the mixture.
Read more on Herbal Medicine for Diabetes and Divya Madhu Kalp Vati Diabetes herbal cure. Also visit on Diabetes Natural Remedies