The diseases which are listed under Diabetes Mellitus are many with the most common being Type-1 diabetes and Type-2 diabetes. These are diseases of the metabolic system and involve the body’s ability in metabolizing sugar using the hormone insulin. Insulin helps the cells use the simple sugar glucose which is wanted for repair, enlargement and energy.
Diabetes is a disease in which your blood glucose, or sugar, level are too high. Glucose comes from the foods you eat. Insulin is a hormone that helps the glucose get into your cells to give them energy.
With Type 1 diabetes, your body do not make insulin. With Type 2 diabetes, the more common type, your body does not make or use insulin well. Without enough insulin, the glucose stays in your blood
Diabetes mellitus is a group of metabolic diseases characterize by high blood sugar (glucose) levels, that result from defects in insulin secretion, or action, or both.
Diabetes mellitus, commonly referred to as diabetes (as it will be in this article) was first acknowledged as a disease associated with “sweet urine,” and excessive muscle loss in the ancient world.
Diabetes (diabetes mellitus) is classed as a metabolism disorder. Metabolism refers to the way our bodies use digested food for energy and growth. Most of what we eat is broken down into glucose. Glucose is a form of sugar in the blood – it is the principal source of fuel for our bodies.
When our food is digested the glucose makes its way into our bloodstream. Our cells use the glucose for energy and growth. However, glucose cannot enter our cells without insulin being present – insulin makes it possible for our cells to take in the glucose.
The bitter gourd is regarded as the best remedy for diabetes. Drinking at least one tablespoon of bitter gourd juice daily will reduce blood sugar levels in your blood and urine.
Having bitter gourd not poisonous in ghee for a period of three months will bring the diabetes down by a significant amount.A tablespoon of Indian gooseberry juice mixed with a cup of fresh bitter-gourd juice, taken daily for two months will enable the pancreas to secrete insulin.
Drinking a glass of water with 10 tulsi leaves, 10 neem leaves and 10 belpatras early morning on an empty stomach helps in keeping sugar levels under control.
Home Remedies for Diabetes
1. Take a bitter gourd, remove the seeds and saturate in a cup of water. Drain this preparation and drink every morning.
2. Boil around fifteen mango leaves in one cup of water. Keep it over night and filter in the morning. Drink every morning on an unfilled stomach.
3. Avoid oily, fried and starchy foodstuffs.
4. Avoid coffee, sugar, refined flour and alcohol.
5. Eat smaller meals (low fat diet) five to six times a day in its place of having three large meals.
6. Increase intake of vegetables like spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, onion, sprouts, beans, garlic etc.
7. Refrain from taking stress.
8. Do regular exercise. Walk for at least 40 minutes a day.
9. Avoid red meat and unnecessary salt in your meals. Fish and soy can be taken due to their good protein value.
Read more on Diabetes Natural Cure and Karela for Diabetes. Also read more on Dr. Sarkozy Mikal’s Health Articles